Disney’s deadline for sending out job offers for Professional Internships has come and gone, and a lot of us are out there with a big, fat “No Longer In Consideration” on our dashboards. But guess what? THAT’S OKAY.
Yes, you read that right. It’s okay that we didn’t get offers. That goes for everyone out there who has ever applied for a Disney position, whether it’s full-time, part-time or seasonal work, a Disney College Program or a Disney Professional Internship. An NLIC is not the end of the world. You know why? Because Disney will always be there. You can always apply again, and you have the opportunity to beef up your resume so you have a better chance next time.
I’m looking forward to applying for more Disney positions in the future! As such, I’ve compiled a list of dos and don’ts for those of us who are trying to work through our NLIC.
- Keep your chin up
- Apply again next time
- Congratulate others who have received offers
- Try to contact a recruiter to see what you can do to improve
- Gain more relevant experience to better your chances
- Network with Disney employees in the area you’re interested in
- Be too gloomy
- Give up on your dream to work for Disney
- Complain about your NLIC on social media
- Bring others down or make them feel bad for receiving an offer
At the end of the day, you’re still awesome! Don’t let your NLIC get you down. Share any of your dos and don’ts in the comment section below.